Friday, October 12, 2007

K12 Online Conference

As are many edtech teacher geeks, I'm really looking forward to the next 2 weeks' K12 Online Conference! What an amazing world we live in that people from all over the globe can be excited about this virtual event!

I'll probably blog more later about it, but I just wanted to say that Lisa Durff's blog post today made me laugh. She listed the 6 descriptors that David Warlick suggests identify today's students' different learning styles, and she commented:
today's learners are a new breed. I see myself in that list, bolstering my idea that I am not a digital immigrant, but an illegal digital alien.
I haven't deconstructed that to see what exactly it is that makes us illegal aliens, but I do feel a bit like that myself somehow, Ms. Durff! Funny observation!

No comments: