Friday, June 29, 2007

Week 4 Thing #8

For this "Thing" I'm supposed to set up a bloglines account--and I already have one! I do like the fact that bloglines is web based, so I can get to it from almost any machine. However, as is the case with so many 2.0 tools, bloglines is blocked in our district. So the very place that it would be most useful is the place that I have no access to it!

At home, I generally prefer to use the Sage add-on to my Firefox browser for my RSS aggregator. This is where I find myself going, primarily. Of course, the major downfall of Sage is that it's not really fully a 2.0 tool because it isn't web-based! :(
I like it a lot though--it seems more convenient to me for use at home in that it opens as a resizable window on the left of my Firefox browser window, so it's there and easy to pull a new RSS feed into when I find one I like. And I can check my feeds easily/quickly as I'm doing other things in Firefox. As I say though, it's not available on any other machine and that's a problem.

BTW, I wonder how many people had a problem finding the Google Reader post (Discover Exercise 1 on Week 4) from Scobelizer...
You had to know to look at the Jan 20, 2007 post, and I suspect most people didn't realize that.

No comments: